8.30.2017

Kimono Sleeve Dress in Sew It All Magazine

Good Morning!
It is Another sunny day in Seattle and I am soaking up the last few days of beautiful weather before my boys go back to school.
Not much sewing going on here but I do have a project to share.


Years back I designed my Kimono Sleeve Dress for Stitch Magazine.  
Sadly, Stitch is gone but the folks at F & W Media who are the parent company, own Stitch's content and have been re-publishing the content in their other magazines and e-books.

I received word from Sew It All that my Kimono Sleeve Dress was in the latest issue of Sew it All #11.
To be honest, I had forgotten all about that design!  
It is an incredibly easy make and perfect for a first time garment sewist.
You can find the pattern and link to purchase the magazine [HERE]



It has an empire seam which can be problematic for the fit on larger chested gals. 
Check out this handy little diagram to check for a correct fit and how to modify the pattern.

Happy sewing!
xo
Charise 

2 comments:

  1. What a great, comfy looking dress! I love the higher waistline (hides the tummy), and the loose sleeves too. I'm going to have to find that issue. :-) Great design Charise! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful dress. I've been trying to find the Sew It All magazine issue #11 but as of yet I have not found. I will keep looking. thank you for making such a beautiful dress pattern that looks easy to sew. Laurie B in Wickenburg, AZ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!