3.26.2015

A very Cherry Italian Soda ~ The Paper Pieced Home


 When F  + W media asked me to be a part of the Paper Pieced Home blog hop of course I said Yes!
I have known Penny Layman, the author of the Paper Pieced Home for a few years.  She and Ayumi from Pink Penguin invited me to be a member on the Ringo Pie Bee for the second round.  It was such an honor as I love her work!

Penny has a playful fun style and her pattern was a breeze to put together.
I had a blast making the Espresso Mug pattern but of course I had to give it a bit of a twist.
My mug has a Very Cherry Italian Soda inside : )  

I love the straw detail and the way Penny pieced the whip cream (or foam for a latte ) on top.

Some of my favorite patterns in the book are:
The footstool.  The shape of the legs are brilliant.

I also love the claw foot tub.  My absolute favorite kind of bath tub.

Be sure to check out the other projects and reviews here:

3/16       McCall’s Quilting / Sewing Machine Block
3/17       Love of Quilting / Review
3/17       Sandi Sawa Hazlewood  of Crafty Planner / Watering Can Block
3/18       Quilty Pleasure (Quiltmaker blog) / Review
3/18       Imagine Gnats / Rotary Phone Block
3/20       Verykerryberry / Lion Block
3/21       Artisania / Cast-Iron Skillet Block
3/23       Where the Orchids Grow / Lamp Block
3/24       Katie Blakesley of Swim Bike Quilt / Layer Cake Block
3/24       House on Hill Road / Oven Mitt Block
3/24       Lee Heinrich of Freshly Pieced / BBQ Grill Block
3/26       Pink Penguin / Allie-Gator Block
3/26       A Happy Stitch / Giraffe Block
3/27       Bijou Lovely / Jar Block
3/27       Two Little Banshees / Saucepan Block
3/27       Charise Creates / Espresso Mug Block
3/30       Karen Lewis Textiles / Couch Block
3/31       Poppyprint / Clawfoot Tub Block
3/31       One Shabby Chick / Stack of Books Block
3/31       During Quiet Time / Sleeveless Dress Block
4/06       Pat Sloan The Voice of Quilting / Author Podcast Interview


You can find the book here:

The Paper Pieced Home
 By Penny Layman
Interweave/F+W; $26.99

xo
Charise

17 comments:

  1. Great fabric choices (especially the cherries) for the espresso paper piecing project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mug looks delicious. I am looking forward to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat project! Thanks so for sharing!
    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I would have changed that espresso mug, too! I like the thoughts of Italian cherry soda much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am having such fun following this hop. I love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is in my wishlist to buy. I love anything "cherry". I'm making some Dresden fan blocks with cherries for a table topper right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous block Charise, I love your take on the pattern! Your style is always so fresh and delicate, I love that you put your own spin on it. Thank you for being a part of the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Italian soda sounds yummy and your block is so sweet!
    I love Penny's book. So far I've just made the couch, but have plans for all of them ~ just need the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your block and especially your choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I want to try the bathtub!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have enjoyed the few projects I have done using paper piecing. I think this would be a fun book to own. The piece your made is great, I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your soda is adorable! I had not seen the footstool before - so glad that you included a picture of that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! I'd love to make some of the blocks from this book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!