12.04.2013

Vintage Block Quilt Along ~ My Progress so far




I am in "full throttle" gift sewing mode here at the Randell house but did take a moment to make a collage of my blocks so far in the Vintage block Quilt Along.  I started the Quilt Along about this time last year with the goal to have all 12 blocks complete.  Well....I am a little behind but will provide free patterns and detailed tutorials for three more blocks over the next few months.

I just love these vintage blocks.  I imagine quilters in the 1930's hand piecing these lovely blocks with well loved clothes just like my great grandmother did!

I hope you will join in.  There is no pressure and they will be up on my blog for you to create at your leisure : )  Click on the "Vintage Block Quilt Along" tab in the top bar for a link to each block.

Take a peek at the Vintage Block Quilt Along Flickr Group - you will find some seriously gorgeous blocks!

Happy Sewing
xo
Charise

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've just been looking on the Flickr page and you're right; there are lots of inspiring blocks and projects posted there. I love seeing how each quilter's color and style preferences individualize each block.

    Speaking of no pressure, I hope YOU'RE not feeling pressured to get all twelve blocks out within a set timeframe. Sometimes deadlines help us to follow through and achieve successes where we might have languished otherwise, but all too often the deadlines just create added stress, constraints on our creativity, and suck some of the joy out of our projects. I say this as someone who overcommitted to WAY too many projects with deadlines last year. Blog hops, free-motion quilting deadlines, costumes I had no business saying I knew how to sew, etc. Now that the year is winding down and I think about how I'd like next year to be different, that's at the top of my list: No self-imposed sewing deadlines! This is supposed to be something that calms my soul when the REST of my life is in chaos, after all.

    So I just want you to know that your readers appreciate all of the time and effort that you put into posting each and every block. Your creative and generous spirit is a blessing to all of us, and we will enjoy those last three blocks whenever you find the time and the inspiration to post them. Merry Christmas, Charise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all of those blocks of yours! They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks! Your are very talented! I am doing a fabric giveaway on my blog if your interested :) http://littlewhitefarmhouse.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your block are all so lovely! I wanted to do all these blocks and time just got away from me with too many other things to do. Darn it anyway!
    As a side note ~ my maiden name is Randel. Thought it fun that we sort of have the same name ~ less one L.
    Also, so inspired by your posts ~ love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Charise! I've had the first few blocks printed forever and just haven't started but I need too. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a gift to choose beautiful, bright colors to make happy things.If you are having a bad day, you look at your work and your soul smiles. What a great gift. Thank you for sharing your amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous. I finally subscribed to your blog to keep up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!