7.12.2012

Summer Cocktail

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer!  It is finally nice here in Seattle. 
70-80 degrees - perfect summer weather. I thought Summer would never come - we have had one dreary Summer up until July 4th!

I just finished my latest Bee Block!!! 
Tamiko requested "Magnum PI" for her theme in the Ringo Pie Bee.  I didn't watch the show (I was a busy college girl at the time) but who doesn't remember the mustached Tom Selleck !!
Tamiko provided a great picture mosaic and I decide to go with a cocktail.  Mine has a pink umbrella.  I hope Magnum is in touch with his feminine side !!

After sketching this in the computer I decided to make a pattern.  I have it available in my Craftsy and Etsy shops : ) 
And speaking of summer, I just discovered Sew Mama Sew's newest Fat Quarter Idol.  I love this contest!!   If you have a few minutes I highly recommend it for the sheer fun of it.  You have until tomorrow to come up with your Fat Quarter set.  The theme is "Beach Blanket Bingo" and here is my entry:
Ok....I soooooo want a cocktail on the beach with a blanket made with these fabrics!!!!
 Hope you are enjoying your summer!
xo
Charise

9 comments:

  1. Love that cocktail block! Not sure which I love more - the cute little umbrella or that little slice of lemon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great block for Tamiko! love how the table cloth picks up on the umbrella and lemon slice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love a cocktail and this one is no exception!!! Very very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cocktail block! It's perfectly Magnum PI! I love the tablecloth too. So retro :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your fabrics choices Charise! It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect image of Waikiki and Magnum! Nothing says Hawaii quite like a MaiTai with a paper umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your entry. When I was a little girl all I wanted to be was Annette Funicello. Guess I shouldn't have wished so hard because like her I have MS. Never mind I still would have loved to be here - she was a Mouseketeer!!! Your new block, is, as usual to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect cocktail block. I was looking for a martini type fabric, but didn't like any I saw. I bought your pattern instead and can play with fun fabrics to make a "Retirement" gift for a tennis friend. She's going to LOVE the cocktail design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!!! I remember Magnum PI...and Higgins...and the dogs Zeus and Apollo. The red hot car, too. ;p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!