12.26.2011

Hoping you had A Happy Holiday!

We had a wonderful holiday here at the Randell House : )

My mom loved her wallet!   She is one to save things instead of use them, so I promptly had her help me move the contents from her old wallet to her new one.    I hope she wears it out so I have an excuse to maker her another one.  She told me her mom would tie a scarf under her chin, just like the kerchief girl, when she was a little girl.  She is a wonderful cook, so I added as many cooking themed fabrics as possible.



I added a zipper pocket and found a cute little notebook at my favorite bookstore in Seattle.

I made dad an art bag to hold his watercolor supplies.  It has a pocket for the watercolor wheel and a water bottle and pockets for his brushes and perfectly fits a 6" x 9" sketchbook or watercolor paper.


The boys got matching p.j's again this year.  Unfortunately, I don't have a good pic!  I miscut one of the p.j. bottoms so I didn't have enough fabric to make the matching top!  I'm going back this evening to get more fabric and finish the project.  Luckily, I found the tops in the pic at a store close by  and added some applique patches to match the pants.

I hope you had a lovely Holiday!





4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Your boys are adorable, how old are they?

    You know, I've been wanting to find or make wallets for my own sons, who are 8 and 11. Right now they bring their money in a Ziplock sandwich bag when they go shopping. I'm having trouble finding a good pattern, though, because they don't need a bunch of credit card slots (just one slot for their library cards) and they DO need a compartment that zips closed for their change, since I bribe them with quarters to do their homework. Have you ever sewn a child's wallet, or do you have any suggestions where I could find a pattern like that? Finding the fabrics would be the fun part. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mum will treasure that wallet, I'm sure! Even when it does wear out, she won't want to throw it away! It is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday! Your gifts were very thoughtful. Please tell, what did YOU receive this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely gifts Charise! Perfectly matched to each recipient

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!