8.16.2009

Little Red Bicycle


Liam in his new t-shirt!


I love girly, feminine things. Having two boys has made me think outside the box - the box that I create in. I design women's clothes professionally and make women's jewelry. Making things for girls is truly my comfort zone.

I've been making pants for my youngest son, Luc, and thought it would be fun to make a shirt to go with some of the pants. I didn't want it to be too "cutesy", so I came up with this retro logo of a bicycle based on the Curious George books.

The best compliment came from my almost six year old son Liam. I had made a tee for his little brother and he said "mama I would like one too."

The process is really easy. I sketched the design, reversed the image in photo shop, and then Photo copied it onto iron-on transfer paper. The idea came from the book Lotta Prints, by Lotta Jansdotter. The fun thing about this is you can take any image and turn it into a t-shirt. I want to take some of Liam's artwork and use it for a tee!

I am working on the "girly" version of this tee. Little Pink Bicycle. There are a couple young ladies turning two years old very soon and I thought it would be a fun gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!